Thursday, March 27, 2008

My vacation...

is off to a rip-roaring start. Last night my phone rings about 8:30. I say hello and no one answers. normally at this time i assume it's a telemarketer so i hang up, but something inside of me said wait a minute. I say hello again, this is an automated message American Airlines has cancelled your flight. You are now booked on a 6:30 am Friday flight through Dallas landing at 2:00 in Vegas to accept this flight say yes now... NO! (totally unacceptable! this would mean losing 24 hours of vacation because my original non-stop flight was scheduled to land in Vegas at 2:20pm on thursday.) Please wait for the next available agent. 30 minutes later I get on a 1:45 pm flight out of Chicago to Dallas. I get to sit in Dallas for two hours then take off to Vegas. I'll land at 8:00 pm. That's just me. Tim and Kris were also on the flight with me. After a long time on the phone, with a few hang ups from AA, they are on a later flight also through Dallas. They will land at 11:45 pm on thursday. So far Sharon's flight is still on schedule. however this means instead of Tim, Kris, and I all landing at 2:20 picking up the rental car and check into the hotel with sharon arriving about 3 hours later... Sharon will arrive first and I will arrive about 3 hours later. unfortunately the rental car and hotel are both in Kris's name and that can't be changed. Sharon will have the fun time of hanging in Vegas for 3 hours before I join her. Then we can hang out together for 4 hours before Tim and Kris arrive and we can check into the hotel.

I just love taking off some time to relax.
:)

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

oh no! that totally sucks. but at least you got a flight out today instead of having to wait until tomorrow. ugh. i'll pray for uneventful flights and a good trip for all of you.