Monday, June 24, 2013

air plant

This is our air plant.  I bought it four years ago Valentine's Day for my husband, then my boyfriend.  It did not like our place.  18 months ago we moved out into my parent's house for almost two months and then into our own apartment.  the air plant continued to live in my parent's house under my mom's green thumb care... it started to thrive.  Once in our apartment it continued to thrive. 
The smaller plant is one of the original plants of four years ago.  The bigger plant with the colorful blooms is the new plant that grew in since moving to our apartment a year ago.  there is also a new "pup" starting to grow.  It's so exciting to see the changes in it.  when we purchased it, it was slightly red but hasn't been since then.  It has also never bloomed before either.  I am so exited and love to watch it change every day. 

No comments: