Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Apartment - Kitchen

Normally the kitchen is a place I try to keep an open mind.  I want a huge kitchen with lots of work space but that's rarely available.  Our current kitchen is a decent size, however it's not laid out very well.  There's only 2 1/2 feet of counter space.  room for very little.  The appliances are old, the burners on the stove are crooked, the refrigerator makes a ton of noise when it runs.  We have our microwave on a butchers block table.  we bought additional counter space with shelves for additional storage.  My Kitchen Aid resides on that.  however there is no outlet near it so I have to move the Kitchen Aid to use it.  

Fortunately we do have this fun shelf over the sink.  I store some of my fun daily use stuff.
 
Another super duper fortunately, is the pantry.  We are so happy to have a pantry.  We were afraid we were going to have to use the closed in pack porch for food storage.
Outside the kitchen is a closed in back porch that acts as storage right now.  A lot so empty boxes as we wait for our next move.  the empty boxes from the wonderful baby things we have gotten since Dillan was born.  Plus several wedding gifts that we don't use on a daily basis and don't have room for in the pantry. 
What kitchen isn't complete without a wooden ironing board that folds out of the wall but not completely when it's too humid.
The small kitchen was one of the things that I thought I could deal with for 6-9 months, i was wrong.  but I'm still trying to work with it.  I do a lot of preparing on the dining room table.  When Dillan is sleeping, I take my Kitchen Aid into the living room and plug it into the wall and sit on the floor.  yup!  it is so time to move.

No comments: