Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Apartment - Lights...

I've done my sharing of moving over the years.  As a child I was lucky and didn't move at all.  My parents still live in the same house that I was raised in.  How special! :)
After college I lived with my parents for a while until I had a job and could afford to move out.  Since then i have lived in 5 different places.  As i prepared to moved and looked at places, the amount of time I planned on living there definitely had an impact on some things that i wasn't fond of but could live with for a while.  I always have a list of "must haves", "don't want", and "could live with".  
In our most recent place, we thought we would be here 6-9 months, a year tops... well this week is 16 months at this apartment.  way longer and the "could live with" things are driving me crazy.  Yes there are some wonderful aspects to the apartment, however the things i thought I would only have to deal with for 6-9 months have worn out their welcome.

A few more charms aspects of the place are the wonderful light fixtures...
we have sconces all over the place.  
  This one is over the brick (non-working) fireplace

There are fives of theses around the living room.  It can be flooded with light...
This is the light in the dinning room, not exactly centered over our dining room table...
sitting under it, you could have a nice view looking up...
There are two matching sconces to the dining room light. 
Most of these we hardly use.  We brought a couple lamps with us with softer more inviting light.  In each bedroom there are lights and ceiling fans.  A definitely plus especially living on the second floor in the summer.

No comments: