Monday, February 11, 2013

After the weekend...

Mondays are never good even when a weekend was less than stellar.  But it's always better than any week day.
Four out of the last five days I've had broccoli as part of a meal.  I don't like broccoli but as part of a decision my husband and I made before we were married, we decided to eat better, it's starting to become part of our diet.   I'm not just talking about eating out less, or skipping take-out, or eliminating fried foods.  Neither of us did much of that.  It's more about learning to eat new and healthier foods.  Brown or wild rice.  Quinoa.  Salmon, talipot, mahi mahi.  Vegetables.  Things like that.  Over the years we have added all of that to our diets, vegetables including bell peppers and asparagus.  With our baby son, we are adding even more as he tries new foods too.  Avocados, sweet potatoes, butter nut squash.  My husband and son have taken a quicker liking to these foods than me.  I've also added broccoli, which Steve's already likes, to my list of foods to work on.  It's amazing how my taste buds have changed over the years.   Things I eat now I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole when I was younger and vice verses.  I guess you are always changing and growing, even if you don't realize it.

1 comment:

The Wellspring said...

Do you like garlic? Stir fry some big chunks of red pepper along with big chunks of garlic, along with a little olive oil. Mmmm <3